TERMS AND CONDITIONS
‘Exhibitor(s)’ means an amateur or semi-professional photographer and a person who has booked and paid for an exhibition space at the Festival
‘Fee’ means the payment to the Festival Organisers
‘the Festival’ means the London Photo Festival and/or any other names associated or affiliated with the Festival
‘Goods’ means Photographs and/or any Photographic paraphernalia and/or any personal items or effects
‘London Photo Gallery’ a pop-up photographic gallery run by the Organisers
‘the Organisers’ Mapp of London and HCK Photography
‘Photo book’ means a printed and published book of the Photographs exhibited at the Festival including the Exhibitor’s biography
‘Photograph(s) or Photographic’ means a photograph, image, picture including meta data, in any digital or analogue form including printed photographs and those stored on tape, CD, DVD, hard drive, disk, mobile device, file or database
‘the Venue’ Old Brompton Gallery, 238 Old Brompton Road, SW5 0DE
1. These Terms and Conditions are the terms and conditions that apply to the Festival unless otherwise expressly stated. By exhibiting and/or selling at the Festival, Exhibitors agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and any other promotional material associated with the Festival.
2. The Festival Organisers reserve the right to cancel or amend the Festival or the Terms and Conditions. In the event of any cancellation or amendment, the Exhibitors will be notified within a reasonable time frame.
3. In the event that an Exhibitor cancels his/her place in the Festival, the Organisers are unable to offer a refund (in part or in full).
4. In the event that the Festival is cancelled by the Organisers, the Organisers will refund the Exhibitor’s Fee (less administration costs) within a reasonable time frame.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Festival, the decision of the Festival Organisers shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. The Festival is open to anyone worldwide (aged 18 and above) as individual amateur or semi-professional photographers and not part or associated with a professional photographic organisation or company (unless expressly agreed with the Organisers of the Festival beforehand)
7. By submitting your Photographs and biography to the Festival, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. The Festival Organisers reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all Exhibitors.
8. Exhibitors will not be allowed to exhibit or sell Photographs that are obscene, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or which otherwise violate any local or international laws. The Festival Organisers will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not and act accordingly. Photographs of the above nature being exhibited or sold will lead to a permanent ban from the Festival.
9. The Festival Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any Exhibitor if it has reasonable grounds to believe the Exhibitor has breached any of the Terms and Conditions.
10. In the event that any Exhibitor is disqualified from the Exhibition, the Festival Organisers in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further Exhibitor will be selected on the same criteria as the original Exhibitor and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
11. Exhibitors are to supply all Photographs printed, framed, mounted and glassed ready for hanging and the Organisers reserve the right to drill into the frame or such like to assist with the hanging process. The Festival Organisers will have the full and final say on how the Photographs are exhibited (unless expressly agreed otherwise).
12. Photographs printed and/or framed by the Exhibitors must be delivered to the Venue on 20 August 2020 from 11am-2pm. Failure to do so will disqualify the Exhibitor from the Festival.
13. By submitting Photographs the Exhibitor consents for these to be used to help promote the Festival.
14. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Festival Organisers reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
15. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
16. The Exhibitor hereby agrees that the Festival (and third parties authorised by the Festival) Organisers may make any and all Photographs available on a website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and that Photographs may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship.
17. The Festival Organisers may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Photographs that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
18. The Exhibitor’s Photograph and any information submitted by the Exhibitor must be personal to and relate specifically to them. The Exhibitor hereby warrants that their Photograph and all information which they have submitted and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening.
19. The Organisers will assume that the Exhibitor has obtained the correct model release form (where applicable) in relation to exhibiting and/or printing in the Festival’s Photo Book or for use on the Organiser’s website and/or promotional material.
20. The Exhibitor consents to their biography and Photograph being used on the website as part of the ‘ImageInfo™’ QR Code.
21. Failure to submit a biography and digital images for the sales catalogue will result in them not being included in the Festival.
22. The Festival Organisers cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Exhibitor exhibiting or selling at the Festival or with anything associated with the Festival. The Festival Organisers shall not be liable for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or with anything associated with the Festival.
23. It the responsibility of the Exhibitor to arrange insurance (if the Exhibitor deems fit) for their Goods throughout the duration of the Festival at the Venue or with anything associated with the Festival.
24. It is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to remove all of their Goods at the end of the Festival from the Venue by 18h00-18h30. Exhibitors are also responsible to remove all rubbish and tidy up after themselves. Any uncollected Goods will be disposed of accordingly.
25. Is it the responsibility of the Exhibitor to collect their Goods on the last day of the Festival at 17h00. Failure to do so will result in the Goods being disposed of accordingly and/or the Exhibitor will be charged storage fees in addition to any other expenses incurred by the Festival Organsiers as a result of Goods not being collected and alternative collection arrangements being made. The Organisers reserve the right to use any uncollected Goods in their sister company the London Photo Gallery.
26. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and the Festival Organisers reserve the right to use the names of winners, their Photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity (all Exhibitors will be credited where possible)
27. Any personal data relating to Exhibitors will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent. Data relating to Exhibitors will be retained by the Festival for a reasonable period after the Festival closes to assist the Festival Organisers to operate Festivals in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Festival.
28. The Organisers may disclose personal information in special circumstances when they have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to indentify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the Organisers’ rights or property. The Organisers also may disclose Exhibitor information if the law requires it.
29. The Organisers may transfer, sell or assign personal information to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation of the Festival.
30. If you sell any images as a result of being part of the Festival (before or after), the Organisers rely on an honesty policy to receive their 30% commission.
31. The Festival Organisers may (at its sole discretion) edit or crop images and their decision is final.
32. The printing of the Exhibitor’s Photographs undertaken by the Organisers will be printed to a standard set by the Organisers and their decision is final.
33. Once an Exhibitor has submitted his/her Photographs to be included in the Festival, they cannot be changed for an alternative Photograph.
34. Exhibitors must submit high resolution 300 dpi JPEG images and follow the Festival’s naming convention YOURNAME_TITLE_PRICE.jpeg. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the Festival.
35. The deadline for submission is midnight 1st August 2020.
36. Previous Photographs submitted to the Festival will not be accepted. All Photographs must be new submissions.
37. Your image may be used in the London Photo Festival & Gallery’s other exhibitions and/or collaborations without further approval. You will be notified by email with details of the exhibition and/or collaboration. The London Photo Festival & Gallery’s standard Terms & Conditions will apply and you will retain the copyright to your image at all times. You have the right to opt out of this Term on our booking form.
38. The London Photo Festival & Gallery newsletters: By entering the awards and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you are opting-in to receive e-newsletters from The London Photo Festival & Gallery, so that we can update you on the awards, the finalists and the results plus news items relating to the awards, its sponsors or entrants. You will, of course, have the right to unsubscribe from the e-newsletter mailing list.
39. You consent to your email address being added to our mailing list. You will be able to unsubscribe any at time.
40. The Festival and Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
By paying the Fee you are deemed to have read, understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions